Putting People First
There are causes that are close to our heart and our team members here at Aqua Technology Group. They are calling for us to take action both personally and corporately in the local communities that we serve and throughout the world. Each year our partners here at ATG take advantage of company paid time off to work with the charity, initiative or ministry of their choice. We individually and corporately focus on these three areas.
We want to play our part and purpose in helping create a better life for the people and communities touched by our business and even those who have never heard of us. From our co-workers, partners, vendors, to families and children living in some of the most vulnerable places – we will strive to do our part to change the world.
We believe in supporting organizations that are good stewards of the resources they are given. We are not endorsing a particular cause here and we welcome and support individuals of all races, creeds and political persuasions. We also encourage you to do your own homework when supporting these or any other organizations. Please contact us if you have concerns or questions.
Matthew 25: Ministries
Matthew 25: Ministries is a non-denominational, ecumenical ministry that provides humanitarian aid and disaster relief to the poorest of the poor and those in the midst of a crisis. They provide food to the hungry, potable water to the thirsty, shelter to the homeless, medical supplies to the sick, clothing to those without clothes, disaster relief and humanitarian aid to those in need.
For every dollar donated, Matthew 25 delivers $64 in humanitarian aid and more than 99% of their cash and in-kind donations go toward their programs. Matthew 25: Ministries was ranked #1 among more than 1,400 4-star charities on Charity Navigator and tied for #1 on Forbes’ list of the most efficient large charities in the US. Visit Matthew 25: Ministries.
A Child’s Hope International
A Child’s Hope International is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation serving orphan and vulnerable children locally and worldwide through four channels of care:
- Foster Care
- Orphan Care
- Humanitarian Relief
We took a hard look at what we could do to leave a better world to the generations to come. Our environmental initiatives include:
100% Green Power for Our Facilities
- 100% Wind Power for our Headquarters
- 100% Solar / Wind / Biogas for our other locations
Green and Sustainable Shipping
- Green and Sustainable Shipping Methods – this includes Eco Responsible Packaging, Recycled or Recyclable Packaging and Sustainable Packaging Materials.
- Carbon Neutral Shipping is Standard for all available shipments. Our carbon neutral shipping from UPS and our other shipping partners offsets the climate impact of the carbon emissions that result from your shipping. By working with globally recognized certification and validation groups, we extend our ongoing efforts to reduce fuel use, conserve energy, recycle, and operate responsibly. Learn more about our shipping here.
Water and Sanitation Improvements Both Locally and Globally
- We support clean water initiatives and sanitation projects in both our local communities as well as around the globe.
- Our global projects include new wells, bio restrooms, wastewater treatment facilities, waterway cleanup and water reuse projects.
- Donating our time, equipment and other resources to help facilities and communities with troubled water and wastewater treatment.
We believe in giving back to our communities and participating in very local and effective business initiatives. We could just give once to a need and be effective on the short term. However, we think bigger and dream of what can happen with long term commitment from business leaders, community partners and social entrepreneurs. What more can be accomplished if we continue to pour into the people that are equally committed to helping others, building up their own communities and changing the world? We act locally by:
- Participating in and helping out our local small business incubators.
- Mentoring startups and small business owners and social entrepreneurs. We also love being mentored ourselves.
- Providing annual scholarships, free or reduced rate office space, shop space, warehousing and business resources to startups in our communities.
- Creating collaborations with social entrepreneurs that focus on benefitting social issues and creating lasting change in their communities and throughout the world.