Measuring Multiple Temperature Points Inside Water Tanks, Reservoirs and Storage Tanks
— AquaTechnologyGroup (@aquatechnology) August 8, 2012
Operators and water systems have been using different technologies and tank mixers to maintain the highest quality drinking water in water towers, reservoirs and storage tanks. Tank mixers and aeration can help with disinfection byproduct (DBP) removal and disinfectant control. You know thermal stratification exists in your tank but what if you wanted to know the realtime temperatures at several points inside your water tank or reservoir?
We wondered what affordable solution was availabe to monitor water tower temperature and we found a good water tank temperature solution from Nivelco. The Nivelco THERMOPOINT can monitor temperatures in water towers, water tanks and reservoirs up to 100′ in depth. The Nivelco THERMOPOINT is multipoint temperature measurement system with ultimate flexibility and communication options.
The THERMOPOINT from Nivelco provides:
- Up to 15 temperature measurement points per probe
- Up to 15 probes per system for a total of 225 measurements per loop.
- Up to 100′ length probes
- Rigid or Flexible Probe Configurations
- ± 0.5 °C (± .9 °F) Accuracy
- 2 wire transmitter for quick and easy wiring (12-30 VDC)
- Flexible mounting locations: Thousands of feet between probes and the transmitter / outputs
- Wireless transmitter option available – Up to 770 feet (235 meters) outdoors open air range (nominal)
- Solar Power and Battery Power option available
- Replaceable sensors – add and replace as required
- 1 1/2″ NPT Connections for Flexible Cable Probes, 1″ NPT for Rigid Probes